Egg Mayo Sandwich has become my recent favourites as I happened to taste this sandwich in a church gathering for the very first time. Since then, I cannot say no to this egg mayo sandwich.
I admit, I don’t like breads. I have occasionally tasted bread during my childhood. I cannot eat bread with any combination. I even had a myth that breads are for sick people. All those bad myths got slashed on the day when I first had this egg mayo sandwich.
I went to the person who made this sandwich for the recipe. When I asked her the recipe, she was just staring at me doubting which part of the world I actually hail from without knowing this simple recipe. But soon, she gave me the recipe. I made a little change to the recipe with some coriander instead of parsley and bit more pepper. I tried it and I fell in love with it forever. I don’t eat boiled egg yolks but I simply can’t say no to this boiled egg sandwich. I never knew that combination of egg and mayo goes well along tasting so yummy.
It is much suitable for anytime from breakfast to evening tea time and everyone from kids to elders. Try it and indulge in the classic taste.
EGG MAYO SANDWICH
- Eggs - 2
- Mayonnaise - 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - few
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Mixed grain Bread (white or whole grain) - 2 slices
- Cook the eggs in boiling water for about 5 mins. Don't over cook it for we need the soft boiled eggs for this recipe.
- Separate egg yolks and gently mix it with the mayo nicely.
- Season it with pepper and salt as you like it along with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Give it a good mix and sandwich it between the breads.
- Cut the sandwich as you like it with thin sharp knife. Cut off the crust, if you don't like it that way.
Spread the filling evenly and give a nice gentle press before cutting.
White bread is preferred.
Always choose the consecutive breads from the packet for good shaping and cutting.
Add chopped tomatoes if you wish for it goes very well with the recipe.