Useful websites for immigrants in Auckland? This is a common question for many who is looking for a move to NZ now or later. After the internet revival, things are done easily in a matter of seconds. For those who migrated to NZ few decades ago would have struggled really hard on everything from eating to sleeping. Now there is not much hassles as we have loads of information on anything we wish to look for. You just can’t live without passing by these websites while you are in Auckland.
Here are the top 11 most useful websites for immigrants in Auckland.
- Trademe.co.nz – Buying, selling from anything to almost everything happens here ranging from New, used, near new, buy now, auction and $1 reserve. Trademe property, Trademe motors and Trademe jobs are the significant features of Trademe. Trademe is the most searched website after google, YouTube, Facebook ranking 5 in NZ. Trademe is a must know website for every immigrant.
- Newzealand.com – This website has all the answers for all your travel queries in It is the one and only source of knowledge on everything to live, work, study and travel New Zealand. You cannot visit NZ without visiting this website. It is one of the most useful websites for anyone in NZ and anyone who is yet to visit NZ.
- Stuff.co.nz / Nzherald.co.nz – Being the top news media in Nz, stuff and nzherald are the essential daily reads online. After all, you need to be updated with the current happenings in the country where you live.
- Grabone.co.nz – Grabone is all you need for offers on anything from food, clothing, spa, membership, travel, hair cuts etc. Look out for special offers before you buy anything for Nz is expensive.
- Metservice.com – It is highly important in NZ to check weather reports every day for it changes suddenly. You can see the four seasons in a day. You might see a day of sunny morning, colder noon and a cloudy evening. Beware of NZ weather.
- Seek.co.nz – Seek is the top search option for anyone who is in search of a job in NZ. Part time, full-time, temporary, permanent, you may look for anything, anywhere inside NZ you will find one here. You cannot miss anything in seek as every job gets listed here.
- At.gov.nz – Auckland transport is the one all you need for your transport. You might have a car, but it’s still economical to travel with public transport for its cost less compared to your parking charges in the city centre. Know the timings, watch out live status for bus and train timings, delays etc.
- Immigration.govt.nz – Immigration New Zealand is the one stop destination for all your queries on visa application, requirements, visa categories, documents needed and every information about your visa to come into New Zealand is there. It is official. Please don’t download things and fill everything before a year or more. Because, they update their info often.
- Aucklandnz.com – If you are living in Auckland, and you intend to experience more of the city this website is a must. It covers where to go, what to do, what to taste, what’s on, where to stay in and around Auckland. Keep your eyes open for it offers more.
- Aucklandforkids.co.nz – If you are moving to NZ with kids, Auckland for kids is the best place to find the nearest activity classes like swimming, music, art, skating etc. or the holiday activities or the birthday venues, it is worth visiting.
- Yellow.co.nz / localist – These websites help you to know your locals for restaurants, cafes, community, pubs, attractions, accommodation, shopping, commercial services, medical, sports etc. It is one of the most useful websites if you are new to Auckland or relocating inside Auckland. It is always good to know your neighbor.
Hope the above list helps.
Did I miss something here?